Going away on holiday or a business trip? Hate the thought of putting your dog in kennels? Try our dog board and training program!
While you are away your dog will be learning in the comfort of our home environment, set on a 1/4 acre plot in Broadbeach Waters. Your dog will be socialising and having fun at the beach/reserves around the Gold Coast whilst learining obedience and manners. Your dog will be submerged in a twelve day learning experience that is fun and educational for them at the same time. See the difference in your dog in just 2 weeks!
- Initial phone consultation
- 12 days boarding and full-time training at the home training facility of Gold Coast Dog Trainer
- Text Message/Photo reports on your dog’s progress throughout your dog’s stay
- 45min - 1.5 hour private lesson at end of board and training with owners before your dog goes home
- Eligible for future boarding, low cost group classes and pack walks
- Program runs from Monday to 2nd Friday, with private session on the Friday sfternoon. (12 days). Additional start days/extra days avaliable by request, may incur extra cost.
- Includes our Lifetime Support Guarantee*
Proper dog training requires considerable time and resources. We all lead busy lives that leave us little time to properly train our dogs. With our Awesome Dog Board and Train program we can take the burden off you and use the fastest and most intensive approach to train your dog over a two week period. It relieves you of the daily stress of finding time for training or waiting between sessions to see an improvement in your dog. Board and Train is done at our home training facility, set on a 1/4 acre plot in Broadbeach Waters. Your dog will not only overcome unwelcome behaviours but will work on all basic manners and how to be a part of the family in a productive and fun environment. Progress is made daily as we are constantly interacting with your dog and guiding him/her to achieve results. We work to customize a training program from the start that fits with your dog’s needs and your unique requirements. Since your dog is receiving highly personalized care and training from us 24/7 we see what is and is not working and adjust our training methods accordingly to get the greatest results during the time your dog is with us.
When it is time for your dog to go home we will work with you on all the lessons learned. You will be given homework for you to continue to practice and implement the training curriculum with your dog in your home.
Some of the many behaviours and manners we work on are:
- separation anxiety
- counter surfing
- leash walking
- come to you when called
- perform sit and down stays without breaking command
- use of the “place” command (your dog goes to a mat or bed and stays there until released) under heavy distractions.
- greeting people properly
- socialization with other dogs
- many, many more tailored just for your situation
We recognize that the needs of your dog will not be the same as another. Because of this we provide continuous personalized attention for your dog throughout the Board and Train program. Your dog’s needs are unique, everything from food, to walks, to play time and training, is carefully scheduled and monitored. Each dog is evaluated daily in what has been accomplished and what goals have yet to be reached as well as what their attention span will allow them to accomplish during each session. Some sessions will be shorter and more frequent throughout the day while others may be an hour or more in length. We train using a process that is productive, positive and fun as well as rewarding to your dog. And since training is a lot about trust and bonding between trainer and dog, we give lots of affection and interactive play throughout the process. We will send you text messages and photo updates on what progress has been made during the Board and Train so that you too can share in your dog’s successes.
Because no two dogs are alike, every training program is individually tailored to your dog’s unique personality and your unique goals. Different breeds have been bred for different purposes for thousands of years. This has produced dogs with reliable physical and behavioural traits, but some of those personality “quirks” can develop into problems. In today’s society it is critical that all dogs are well-behaved canine citizens, and this is one of the primary goals of the training program. Gold Coast Dog Trainer has many years of experience to know the behavioural differences between a Retriever and a Terrier, and teach both of them in a manner that the dog can understand.
What type of dog this program benefits:
- Rescued dogs
- Multi issue dogs (have a lot of things to learn)
- Dogs from families that are not home enough to train
- Dogs where changes at home have caused issues (new family member, new animal, etc.)
* With our Lifetime Support Guarantee you will have the assurance that we are behind you for the life of your dog, whether it be phone or email support to follow up sessions at our facility to address any further issues or just for a brush up.
Training Program Investment From $149.00 per day + GST
Terms and Conditions
12 day board and train only, drop off Monday morning and collection Friday afternoon. Alternative start days are avaliable by request. Sundays (outside of 12 day period) are charged at a higher rate of an additional $49.00. Public holidays are charged at double rate. There is no collection available on a Sunday. Pick up and drop off can be arranged within the Gold Coast area at an extra fee of $60 per trip. If dropping off or picking up yourself, this must be arranged at a suitable time before-hand. Training session is upon collection of your dog and can last from 45 minutes to 1 hr 30 minutes (May involve a trip to the local dog park) Small to giant breeds are welcome. Male dogs must be desexed and females in heat will not be permitted. If your dog has been declared a dangerous dog in any state they will not be accepted into this program.
Minimum 3 days advance notice to book. No same day bookings accepted. A deposit of 25% is required to secure your booking. Payment must be cleared and paid in full within 3 days of commencement of the booking. Cash, Paypal and Bank Transfer accepted.